Do you have a prom dress hiding in your wardrobe that has never seen the daylight since prom night? What about you own a vintage wedding dress handed down from your mother or grandmother but its too old for today’s trend? If you have just attended your best friend’s wedding and think that’s the end of your bridesmaid dress, well think again.
There are many ideas on what you can do with your prom, formal & wedding dresses. One of the ideas is to refashion/upcycle/reconstruct/re-do/repurpose these dresses into a new form of clothing. Even if you don’t own any prom, wedding or formal dresses (which include cocktail, evening, bridesmaid dresses), you can always get them at thrift shops for a bargain. Then turn them into something new, better, modern and exciting. Give the dress a new life. Make it uniquely yours!
Remember you don’t have to be good at sewing to do this. All you need is a very good idea. Ever heard of a tailor? Of course if you like sewing why not try refashioning an evening gown or a cocktail dress today?
Check out these 55 intelligent & fun ways to refashion and upcycle prom, formal, wedding and bridesmaids dresses:
Prom & Formal Dresses Refashion:
1. Nicole turned a thrifted prom dress into a beautiful skirt.
2. Miche’s yard sale 80’s prom dress refashioned into a super cute short dress.
3. Madeline turned a vintage 70s dress into a stunning prom dress.
4. Jillian refashioned her loose fitting long gown into a stylish gala dress.
5. Lori turned a prom dress into a cute top.
6. Lauren upcycled her prom dress into a poofy party skirt.
7. Autumn refashioned her prom dress into a lovely skirt for Moth Ball 2013.
8. Autumn turned a thrifted formal gown into a princess dress for her daughter.
9. Tara helped Paige refashioned her poorly constructed prom dress into a new look.
10. Julia refashioned her prom dress into a ruched tulle skirt.
11. Dalia upcycled her evening gown into a lovely Christmas party dress.
12. A prom dress get upcycled into Pride & Prejudice theme prom dress.
13. Janice refashioned a white prom dress into a cute short prom dress.
14. A pink lace prom dress refashioned into an elegant party dress.
15. Jesika refashioned her homecoming dress into a skirt.
16. Alison refashioned her formal gown into a new look.
17. Kilee refashioned an old formal dress into tulle skirt.
18. Two formal dresses refashioned into an elegant formal dress.
19. Carissa refashioned a prom dress, lace tee and top half wedding dress into a perfect party dress.
20. Stephanie upcycled her Christmas formal dress to a sassy red dress.
21. A lace prom dress refashioned into a lovely skirt.
22. Birgitte redo a satin gown into an everyday dress.
23. A sky blue lace formal dress transformed into a lovely party dress.
24. A purple prom dress upcyled into a sexy prom dress.
Wedding & Bridesmaids Dresses Refashion:
25. Jillian refashioned her not-to-be wedding dress into a chic party dress.
26. Marisa refashioned a wedding dress into a cute formal dress.
27. Lisa refashioned a vintage wedding dress into a stunning prom dress for her daughter.
28. A wedding dress upcycled into a sexy prom dress.
29. Starla trashed her wedding dress with colorful paint and then refashioned it to become a hi-lo formal dress.
30. A strapless wedding dress refashioned into a fun party dress.
31. Rachel refashioned a thrifted wedding dress into her dream wedding dress.
32. Reconstruction of a mother’s wedding dress.
33. A vintage wedding dress and lace dress refashioned into a modern wedding dress.
34. Carrisa transformed a wedding dress and 2 bridesmaid dresses into a princess Halloween dress.
35. Emily refashioned a wedding dress into a chic looking party dress.
36. A mother’s wedding dress refashioned into a trendy wedding dress.
37. Monica transformed a vintage wedding dress into a wedding dress of her dream.
38. Carrie upcyled a 90s wedding dress into a beautiful christening dress.
39. Claire reconstructed a wedding dress into a 50s tea-length wedding dress.
40. Pam transformed her daughter’s wedding dress into an everyday dress plus a purse!
41. Mikalah refashioned a wedding dress into a beautiful knee-length dress.
42. Melissa refashioned her grandmother’s 1949 wedding dress into a beautiful wedding dress.
43. Karyn upcycled her wedding dress into a cocktail dress for her wedding anniversary.
44. Ellen reconstructed her wedding dress into a chic cocktail dress.
45. Amy refashion a 80s wedding dress into a modern wedding dress.
46. Justine repurpose Annie’s eBay wedding dress into her dream wedding gown.
47. Nicky refashion her simple dress into a cute wedding dress.
48. Marlena transformed a thrifted bridesmaid dress into a going-out dress.
49. Carrie refashioned her bridesmaid silk dress into glamorous prom dress.
50. Becky converted her mom’s bridesmaid dress into a sexy party dress.
51. Gracie refashioned her bridesmaid dress into a stunning maxi dress.
52. Chichi transformed Lucy’s bridesmaid dress into a sexy skirt.
53. Sarah repurposed her long bridesmaid dress into a short one for another friend’s wedding.
54. Kaitlin refashioned her two bridesmaid dress into a new dress.
55. A pretty in pink bridesmaid dress gets a refashion.
What do you think? Are you up for the refashion challenge?
Let us know of your refashioned outcome in the comment.
Do you know any other interesting prom, wedding or bridesmaids refashion idea/post? Share them in the comment below too.